Outagamie Area Chapter of Pheasants Forever - About Us Page
A Local Wisconsin Chapter
The Outagamie Area Chapter of Pheasants Forever serves Outagamie, Calumet, and surrounding counties. We are part of a national non-profit conservation organization. Pheasants Forever's mission is to conserve pheasants, quail, and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public access, education, and conservation advocacy.
Pheasants Forever is the only national organization with a model of chapters keeping 100% of the funds they raise. While belonging to a larger national organization that has a voice on federal and state conservation policies, chapters are tasked with finding projects for their funds. Wisconsin takes full advantage of this model using funds raised for projects locally as well as other areas in the state of Wisconsin.
Outagamie Area Chapter of Pheasants Forever
The Outagamie Area chapter was founded in 2005. Our goal is to provide avid outdoorsmen and women an opportunity to assist with local conservation efforts in Outagamie and Calumet counties, by supporting the national Pheasants Forever organization.
Pheasants Forever was co-founded in 1982 by co-workers at the St. Paul Pioneer Press and Dispatch, outdoor editor Dennis Anderson and national advertising director Jeff Finden. Both recognized a need for habitat restoration and preservation to ensure the future of pheasants and other wildlife.
PF's first publication entitled "Rooster Tales," published in February 1983. This became the forerunner of today's Pheasants Forever Journal of Upland Conservation. The fledgling PF held its first banquet on April 15, 1983, drawing 800 people at the inaugural banquet. In January 2007, PF's third-ever National Pheasant Fest in Des Moines, Iowa, became the largest event in PF history, drawing over 24,500 attendees over a three-day span.
39 years after its inception, Pheasants Forever has sustained its grassroots structure, promoted a nationwide upland conservation movement - and become a national conservation powerhouse. The organization has grown to 150,000 members with over 700 chapters across the U.S. and Canada. Nationwide, Pheasants Forever has spent $634 million on program expenditures, which have helped fund 502,000 habitat projects affecting 15.7 million acres across North America. Along the way, PF has continued to employ the same unique organizational model of empowering local chapters to determine how 100 percent of their locally-raised conservation funds are spent. This local control allows chapters to see the fruits of their chapter efforts in their own communities.
Our Local Habitat Projects
We actively partner with other chapters and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources on many habitat projects.
- Habitat field days are conducted on public lands when opportunities arise.
- We involve young people through activities such as Learn To Hunt events and habitat projects.
- Habitat projects and efforts to restore and preserve public and private lands.
- Contribute funding to purchasing and restoration of local land throughout our community.
- Our annual fundraising banquet, which is attended by more than 280 people, generates thousands of dollars. The banquet is held each year in late January.
Who is Pheasants Forever?
A national organization dedicated to the preservation and restoration of habitat for upland game and wildlife throughout the nation.
- Over 150,000 grassroots members and volunteers who have developed more than 10 million acres of pheasant and other wildlife habitat since inception.
- 700 chapters completing over 15,000 projects annually.
What Can You Do To Help?
Please explore our website and discover more about the Outagamie Area Chapter of Pheasants Forever. You'll find detailed information on all of our activities and upcoming events. Let us know what you think; we appreciate your feedback. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us. We welcome people interested in the Pheasants Forever mission to attend our monthly meetings, listed on our events page.
- Become a Pheasants Forever member or sponsor
- Volunteer your time or resources to our chapter
- Improve your habitat for local wildlife-ask us how
Our Chapter Mission
Protect, restore, and enhance wildlife habitat by establishing and maintaining local projects.
- Create, improve, and preserve upland bird habitat
- Foster youth hunting and outdoor activities
- Develop, distribute, and foster conservation education
- Introduce and advance prudent management of conservation policies
Pheasants Forever is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and other wildlife populations in North America through habitat improvement, land management, public awareness, and education.